Wednesday, September 30, 2009

BREAKING. M-Net glad about Glee.


You're reading it here first. I was first on 9 September to break the news that M-Net's got the rights for the new, and most-buzzed about new show of the new America TV season, Glee which starts this Sunday at 18:00 on M-Net.

I've already watched the first four episodes of Glee. Awesome show! Of course, I knew it immediately. You know you're watching quality after the very first minute. I even downloaded some of the songs which are available immediately on iTunes right after an episode. I've been singing along and listening to ''Don't stop believing'' - the song you'll hear at the end of the first episode, and that fits with this image above of a musical number the school kids perform at the end. It immediately went into high rotation on my iPod!

The viewership for the show in America is now HUGE. The show is the number one break-out hit for the Fox network in America. M-Net that has now suddenly realized that the show is HUGE, is discovering that its brought a little TV gem!

1. I asked M-Net what will be done about Glee when I heard the news originally and spilled the beans about Glee landing on the broadcasting schedule. The response was a bit nonchalant.
2.I asked M-Net again what will be done about Glee when I did a set visit for The Gareth Cliff Show last Monday. The response was a bit nochalant.
3. NOW suddenly M-Net is going into complete Glee overdrive! (Good.)

M-Net just sent word about how the channel is super stoked and delighted and full of glee about Glee and how the show will be broadcast on M-Net closer than any other international series. Not quite correct.
M-Net is correct in that it will be the first brand-new show its STARTING to show closest to the show starting in America, but last year Smallville, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy were all shown but sooner here (although not new shows) than the four week's M-Net will be behind Glee.

''This in an incredible step forward in ensuring that M-Net viewers get to see the best international series first,'' says M-Net channel head, Sabiera Patel. ''With Glee, we don’t have to wait for broadcast tapes to be delivered from Fox, the international distributors. The episodes are beamed directly to our broadcast centre and the quality remains top-notch.''

I don't mind. I'm just happy. It's a deserving, very well produced and wonderful show. Enjoy. Wait for that last song at the end of the first episode on Sunday. You won't stop believing. I promise.