Wednesday, March 31, 2010

BREAKING. CNBC Africa responds to having received massive amount of money from the Gauteng Film Commission. Finally.


You're reading it here first.

I was first with the news about CNBC Africa (DStv 410) no longer getting money from the Gauteng Film Commission (GFC) and now I can be first with CNBC Africa who finally has a response DAYS after I was the first journalist to ask.

When I broke the news RIGHT HERE days ago about the huge amount of money that CNBC Africa (DStv 410) used to get from the Gauteng Film Commission (GFC) I also asked CNBC Africa for a response. I was informed that CNBC Africa had no comment. Then of course the story went everywhere and pressure built.

Now CNBC Africa, a TV channel that works with the world of money and finances and asking questions to those who have it and really should know better, finally have a (terse) reponse. (Remember when you read CNBC Africa's response, that according to my original story CNBC Africa was ''accused'' of getting a massive amount of moola from the GFC and not doing anything to stimulate local TV production in South Africa.)

''CNBC Africa produced a series of programmes called Business Spotlight with sponsorship and associated advertising via the Gauteng Film Commission (GFC). This agreement has now ended. The editorial control of all programmes rested with CNBC Africa at all times.''