Monday, June 28, 2010

Cindy Nell's newest biggest fear . . . high definition (HD) TV: ''What if I get this big zit that's pushed into people's faces on television?"


You're reading it here first.

I ran into Cindy Nell (the former Survivor SA Santa Carolina celebitant on M-Net, and now Woza Lunchtime presenter on SuperSport during the 2010 FIFA World Cup) when she glided over the red carpet at All Access' first birthday party Friday night in Johannesburg.

In a dramatic black creation befitting a former Miss South Africa, I cornered Cindy Nell for a little chit chat and the tall and leggy model as always graciously obliged. Cindy Nell revealing only to me her biggest new fear as a Woza Lunchtime presenter on SuperSport: high definition (HD) television that shows everything! Not that Cindy Nell honestly has anything to worry about. Her skin is flawless.

I asked her about her new presenting gig for the new daily SuperSport show during the World Cup and doing it all in HD, whether she has anything like a ''normal'' day, and what she's enjoyed doing the most so far.

For my red carpet interview with Cindy Nell, click on READ MORE below.



Hi Cindy, how is it now for you to present Woza Lunchtime on SuperSport?
I love it. I'm enjoying it tremendously. It's a lot of fun to do something else for a change. It's just for the duration of the 2010 FIFA World Cup so its very hectic and intense. I'm so . . . I'm so excited about it. I love it. I'm very excited about Woza Lunchtime but I don't think I've ever been as busy now ever before in my entire life!

You're now doing Woza Lunchtime in high definition (HD). As a former Miss South Africa, knowing everything about appearances and how much it means but also requires to get to that point, how is the make-up process? I hear the girls now have to sit for two hours before you're ready for the brilliance of HD?
Its a big story. It's special make-up and everything. For me its the same. I'm used to it. I'm used to the waiting and the time it takes to get ready when you have to put on a show. High definition TV has me worried a bit that I might break out in the morning! What if I get this big zit that's pushed into people's faces on television? Because you just know everybody's going to see it in even more clarity than ever before!

You're ''normal'' day now with Woza Lunchtime? Is there anything like a ''normal day'' for Cindy Nell now?
You know what, I have such a lot of other things happening simultaneously - so we don't have usual times. We shoot on and off depending on the football matches and when they're on and how many. For instance we're now doing longer shows over the weekends and shorter shows during the week and then we do inserts where we cover specific events, so its very inconsistent. But very hectic. Sometimes its quiet, then suddenly super busy. Woza Lunchtime is very nice though - its something else to do that outside of the ordinary.

I've been watching you since the very first ''test-run'' episode of Woza Lunchtime and ever since. Is there something so far that you've enjoyed the most doing?
I really enjoyed the insert when we visited the Brazilian camp because I had great chats and interviews with everyone there and the hotel was just beautiful.

Anything you're looking forward to covering over the next two weeks or something you're trying to get for Woza Lunchtime that you can tell me about?
The next two weeks I know we have some very interesting and exclusive interviews with some very famous football players! My life is currently so full and just wonderful and full of things happening there is really no time for anything else. I'm just taking everything as it comes.

All Access, Fridays at 19:30 on M-Net (with the first birthday anniversary going out on Friday, 2 July 2010.

Woza Lunchtime, daily at 12:00 (unless there is a match) on SuperSport 3 (DStv 203) and SuperSport HD (DStv 171)