Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Anchor Greta van Susteren immediately gone from FOX News after 14 years; says FOX News 'has not felt like home to me for a few years'.


The longtime FOX News (StarSat 261) anchor Greta van Susteren has left FOX News with immediate effect, saying FOX News "has not felt like home to me for a few years".

Greta van Susteren is out at FOX News after 14 years with the news channel which would have been 15 in January.

Greta van Susteren was replaced in her timeslot and programme, On the Record, by Brit Hume from Tuesday.

Greta van Susteren's departure comes in the wake of the ongoing internal turmoilat FOX News following the salacious and ongoing relevations of sexual harassment allegations against FOX News' former top boss Roger Ailes who was recently fired.

Interestingly, Greta van Susteren initially defended Roger Ailes and was on his side when the former FOX News personality Gretchen Carlson who was fired brought her sexual harassment lawsuit.

Greta van Susteren's contract with FOX News had a clause - as does the contracts of some other FOX News anchors like Bill O'Reilly, Bret Baier and Sean Hannity - that allows her to leave immediately if Roger Ailes is no longer at FOX News.

She decided to use it after she earlier, publicly said she wouldn't.

In a brief statement FOX News says "We are grateful for Greta's many contributions over the years and wish her continued success".

On Tuesday Greta van Susteren wrote on her Facebook page that she decided to dump FOX News last week Thursday.

"On Thursday night, I made my decision and informed Fox News of my decision that I was leaving Fox News Channel per my contract. Fox has not felt like home to me for a few years and I took advantage of the clause in my contract which allows me to leave now. The clause had a time limitation, meaning I could not wait,' wrote Greta van Susteren.

"I love my staff, I love my colleagues, and I love the crews. That is the hardest part of this decision as they are wonderful people. And most of all? I love the viewers - even the ones who have gotten mad at me over the years and taken swipes. I hope to continue my career in broadcasting."