Wednesday, May 16, 2018

NCIS’ Pauley Perrette says she was the victim of ‘multiple physical assaults’ on set.


Actress Pauley Perrette who just left NCIS, took to social media, saying she was the victim of "multiple physical assaults" – something that likely led to her decision to leave the most watched TV series in the world.

On Twitter in a series of messages, Pauley Perrette said that "I feel I have to protect my crew, jobs and so many people. But at what cost? I don't know," she wrote.

"Just know, I'm trying to do the right thing, but maybe silence isn't the right thing about crime." She said that "maybe I'm wrong about not 'spilling the beans' about the story," and that "I refused to go low, that's why I've never told publicly what happened."

Pauley Perrette explained that "There is a 'machine' keeping me silent, and feeding FALSE stories about me. A very rich, very powerful publicity 'machine'. No morals, no obligation to truth, and I'm just left here, reading the lies, trying to protect my crew. Trying to remain calm. He did it."

CBS Television Studios that produces NCIS that is seen on M-Net City (DStv 115), SABC2 and Universal TV (DStv 117) said in a statement that "Pauley Perrette had a terrific run on NCIS and we are all going to miss her. Over a year ago, Pauley came to us with a workplace concern. We took the matter seriously and worked with her to find a resolution. We are committed to a safe work environment on all our shows.”

In her latest tweet Pauley Perrette now says "I want to thank my studio and network CBS. They have always been so good to me and always had my back".